Crockpot Detox Lentil and Kale Soup Recipe
Why This Detox Soup Is a Must-Try
Perfectly delicious detox soup in every way. This may sound way too healthy to taste good, but the olive oil makes it so thick and creamy without dairy, and the Herbs de Provence adds such delicious and unique flavor, even for those with more sophisticated palettes. Plus, there are so many phytonutrients, vitamins, and lots of fiber and protein. You’re going to want to try this one!
Ingredients for Your Detox Journey
In the Crockpot:
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups sweet potatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 cup green lentils
- 3/4 cup yellow split peas (or just use more lentils)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 10 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8-10 cups vegetable or chicken bone broth
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 1.5 teaspoons Himalayan pink sea salt (more to taste)
Add at the End:
- 2-3 cups kale (stems removed, chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- A splash of apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, or lemon juice to add a nice tangy bite
Step-by-Step Cooking Instructions
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Place about 4 cups of soup in a blender with the olive oil. Blend until semi-smooth and creamy-looking (the oil will form a creamy emulsion with the soup). Add back to the pot and stir to combine. Stir in the kale and parsley (sometimes I add half of the kale and parsley into the blender, which makes a more green soup, and can skip some of the chopping). Turn the heat off and just let the flavors meld before serving. The taste gets better with time and so does the texture!
- Season to taste (add the vinegar and/or lemon juice at this point) and to really go next level, serve with roasted Brussels sprouts (and add any leftover sprouts to any leftover soup).
Serving and Pairing Suggestions
To elevate your dining experience, consider serving this detox soup with a side of roasted Brussels sprouts, as mentioned in the recipe. The roasted flavor of the sprouts complements the creamy and tangy soup, making for a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
Health Benefits of Detox Lentil Kale Soup
This soup is not only a delight to your taste buds but also a boon to your health. Loaded with phytonutrients, vitamins, fiber, and protein, it supports your body’s natural detox processes while keeping you full and satisfied. The ingredients like kale, lentils, and olive oil are known for their health-promoting properties, making this soup a perfect choice for anyone looking to nourish their body and support their health goals.
Recipe adapted from: Pinch of Yum.