What Can Nourish Do for You?
Testing, diagnoses, and advice to address root causes of your health challenges; includes Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for hormone imbalance
Relieve pain, improve your immune system, and detoxify your body, among many other benefits; IV and insufflation (blown into ear, nose, or rectum) treatments available
MLS Laser Therapy
Decrease inflammation and speed up healing for all types of tissue: including tendons, ligaments, muscle, skin, and nerves
Trigger Point Injections
Treat painful areas of muscle that contain trigger points (think of knots in the muscle) which form when muscles do not relax
Unlike many physicians that look at only the part of the body directly involved in the problem, Joya understands how all of the bodies systems work together. Because of this thorough understanding, she is able to make recommendations that help restore a person to optimal function. It is exceedingly rare to find a healthcare provider with the intelligence, compassion, expertise and integrity of Joya. I have referred family members to her and will continue to do so.”
Services and Pricing
Functional Medicine Visits
I offer a free, one-time 15 minute phone consultation for new patients. My goal with this time is to gather some initial information about you and your goals, and for you to ask me questions about my skills and medical approach. I also find this a valuable tool to determine if my services and expertise are aligned with the health concerns you have. No diagnosis or medical advice may be given during this visit. Contact me today to schedule your free initial consultation.
New Patient ($385)
Your first visit will last up to 90 minutes, including a full medical history, in-depth discussion of your current symptoms, and development of an initial plan for testing and treatment. After any test results return, we’ll book a follow-up visit to review and develop a comprehensive plan, individualized for you.
For existing patients with less than one year since their last visit.
- 45-minute visit: $225
- 60-minute visit: $250
For existing patients with more than one year since their last visit.
- 75-minute visit: $300
- 90-minute visit: $350
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Aging doesn’t have to mean having bothersome symptoms! Sound familiar? Fatigue, weight gain, insomnia, irritable bowels, dry skin and hair loss, lower libido, moody, depressed, memory loss, or poor concentration are common as you age, but they don’t have to be. Many times, the root cause of these symptoms can be hormonal imbalance! This can happen as you age, but also as a result of environmental or dietary toxins. But, you don’t have to live this way!
- Produced naturally in various glands throughout our body
- Most commonly include estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone, and DHEA
- Hormones regulate many of our body functions so when you produce too little or too much of these hormones, you can experience symptoms like those listed above
- Bioidentical hormones are derived from plants and are chemically identical to those made in our bodies. BHRT is prescribed specifically for your body based on your testing and your symptoms
- Treatment typically includes a taylored combination of creams, pills, and/or troches/lozenges, again, depending on your specific needs. Some people need this therapy indefinitely, and some people need it for a shorter time
- Testing: for women, I typically use urine testing (which measures not only hormones, but also hormone metabolites, enabling me to better assess your risk [for cancer, for example] in terms of how you metabolize your hormones). For men, I typically measure hormones in the blood
- Ongoing evaluations – I require a minimum of 1-2 visits per year while I’m managing BHRT, including at least one hormone test per year
- I only use quality compounding pharmacies
- Highest quality supplements
- Exercise, Nutrition, and Stress Management recommendations
For my typical female patient, they pay around $200-250 for a 3 month supply of their topical/oral hormones (including estrogen, plus testosterone and DHEA if needed) and progesterone. For my male patients, it’s usually less, around $90-100 for a 3 month supply of testosterone cream.
Bioidentical hormone therapy has a few potential side effects (usually linked to dosage), which may include increased acne or irritability for men and women. Some women may experience breast tenderness or spotting. It’s really important to communicate with me if you’re experiencing any side effects so that I can adjust your dose – after all, the goal is to get you feeling better, not worse!
Typically patients are happier with the bioidentical hormones for a number of reasons:
- Ability to fine-tune the dose to the individual’s needs
- With traditional synthetic prescription hormones, there are only certain dose strengths that can be prescribed
- They feel safer taking them since they are identical in structure to their own, natural hormones
- Since they are identical to our own hormones, our body has the ability to process and detoxify them properly
“Physiological data and clinical outcomes demonstrate that bioidentical hormones are associated with lower risks, including the risk of breast cancer and cardiovascular disease, and are more efficacious than their synthetic and animal-derived counterparts,” according to this report.
IV Nutrition Therapy
Choose from one of five blends ($250 each):
- Recharge: Recommended for overall wellness (and hangover relief!)
- Recommended boosts: Vitamin C and L-carnitine
- Immune Elixir: Help your body fight off disease
- Recommended boosts: Vitamin C and Magnesium
- Migraine Buster: Alleviate your headache and get back to living your life
- Recommended boosts: Zofran and Solu-medrol
- Revive Your Senses: Heal your nerves (literally!) to regain smell and taste
- Recommended boosts: NAC and Magnesium
- Recovery and Performance: Give your muscles what they need to feel better and perform better
- Recommended boosts: NAC and ALA
You also can supercharge your IV with one or more of these boosts:
- Vitamin C – $30
- Magnesium – $30
- Glutathione – $30
- NAC – $30
- ALA – $30
- L-carnitine – $30
- Zofran – $30
- Toradol – $30
- Solu-medrol – $60
IV nutrition therapy can improve mental clarity, focus, energy, performance, immunity, and more. Contact me for more information. Need hydration but want to skip the trip to the Emergency Room? I can come to you and offer the most comfortable in-home IV experience.
Ozone therapy’s many benefits include improving the immune system, reversing damage to brain tissue, reducing the risk of repeat heart attacks, detoxification, healing chronic wounds, pain relief, repairing stem cells, cellular oxygenation, and improving skin health. IV ozone therapy is available for $300 at your location, while ozone insufflation therapy—blown directly into ear, nose, or rectum—is available in-office (or at your location in conjunction with other treatments) for $50.
IV Detox and Chelation Therapy
Whether it’s mold, heavy metals, or other toxins, IV chelation or detoxification using glutathione, EDTA, and other compounds can be a powerful way to detoxify your body and help relieve a variety of symptoms. Chelation therapy has actually been shown to improve cardiovascular health, and is often used in conjunction with other biomedical therapies for individuals with autism.
MLS Laser Therapy
While laser therapy is not yet covered by traditional insurance, it is affordable to most patients: $85 for initial evaluation for laser treatment, then $150 per treatment (1 area) sold in packages of 6 and 12 sessions. Add a second area to the treatment for $50 per session, sold in packages of 6 and 12. Additionally, patients may use their FSA and HSA funds to pay for the laser therapy. Click here for more information.
Trigger Point Injections
Treat painful areas of muscle that contain trigger points (think of knots in the muscle) which form when muscles do not relax. Generally I use a numbing medication to numb the pain while the effects of the injection continue work after the appointment. Pricing starts at $150 per session for up to 10 injection sites.
Functional Medicine Testing
Based on your symptoms, Nourish customizes a testing program to help identify the root causes of what ails you. Click here for a full list of tests offered. Click here for a full list of tests offered.
$75 for a blood draw appointment. $35-50 for blood draw as part of another scheduled appointment.
Outside Medical Record or Laboratory Review
Outside Medical Record or Laboratory Review: $250 per hour, billed in 15-minute increments. Does not apply to labs ordered by Nourish House Calls.
While I do not bill or communicate with insurance companies, I do offer superbills to all patients (excluding Medicare and Medicaid), allowing them to easily and independently submit the claim to their insurance company. Generally patients get a portion of the cost of the visit reimbursed to them after the visit.
Labs and imaging (CT scans, x-rays, MRIs, Ultrasounds, bone scans, mammograms, etc) are covered by your insurance in the same way and to the same extent as they are covered by any in-network provider who bills insurance.
Diagnoses / Symptoms Treated
- ADD / ADHD
- Anxiety / depression / mood problems
- Asthma & allergies
- Autoimmune illnesses
- Cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- Chronic constipation / diarrhea
- Chronic fatigue
- Eczema and other chronic skin problems
- Foggy brain
- Food allergies / sensitivities / intolerances
- Gastrointestinal disorders (IBD, IBS, gas bloating, indigestion, reflux, etc.)
- Gluten intolerance / Celiac disease
- Heavy metal / environmental toxicity
- High cholesterol
- Hormonal imbalances / menopause
- Bioidentical hormones
- Immune dysfunction syndrome
- Using low-dose naltrexone (LDN) when appropriate
- Mold testing and treatment
- Increased intestinal permeability (aka “leaky gut”)
- One of my favorite protocols – Microbiome Labs protocol
- Menstrual irregularities
- Mold/mycotoxin testing and treatment
- Pain conditions
- Trigger point injections
- Laser therapy
- Anti-inflammatory therapies
- IV nutrition/hydration for certain pain conditions
- Sleep disturbances / insomnia
- Thyroid disorders – Highly Individualized Therapy
- Weight gain / trouble losing weight
- Fat-burning injections that you can give yourself at home
- Hormone and adrenal testing and treatment