Overview of Modalities Offered
I specialize in treatments that include a combination of functional and traditional medicine. In addition, I frequently offer patients bioidentical hormone therapy. I offer a biomedical approach to autism and other childhood diseases, and deal with detoxification and environmental toxicity. Additionally, I offer nutritional therapy and counseling to help you improve your health.
I’m thrilled to be able to off MLS laser therapy as a way to heal tissue of all types – nerves, skin, muscle, ligaments, tendons; decrease inflammation. MLS laser treatments can treat and heal the underlying causes of so many problems, which makes it such a great tool to offer with a general functional medicine approach to health, wellness, and treating different diseases and disorders. It has immune modulating, anti-inflammatory, anti-edema/swelling properties. It can even heal fractures much faster by stimulating faster bone rebuilding. See pricing and packages below, and call for a free 15-minute phone consult if you have any additional questions about MLS laser treatment. Visit the MLS Laser Therapy section of this website for more comprehensive information about this amazing laser.
Diagnoses / Symptoms Treated
- ADD / ADHD
- Anxiety / depression / mood problems
- Asthma & allergies
- Autoimmune illnesses
- Cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- Chronic constipation / diarrhea
- Chronic fatigue
- Eczema and other chronic skin problems
- Foggy brain
- Food allergies / sensitivities / intolerances
- Gastrointestinal disorders (IBD, IBS, gas bloating, indigestion, reflux, etc.)
- Gluten intolerance / Celiac disease
- Heavy metal / environmental toxicity
- High cholesterol
- Hormonal imbalances / menopause
- Bioidentical hormones
- Immune dysfunction syndrome
- Using low-dose naltrexone (LDN) when appropriate
- Mold testing and treatment
- Increased intestinal permeability (aka “leaky gut”)
- One of my favorite protocols – Microbiome Labs protocol
- Menstrual irregularities
- Mold/mycotoxin testing and treatment
- Pain conditions
- Trigger point injections
- Laser therapy
- Anti-inflammatory therapies
- IV nutrition/hydration for certain pain conditions
- Sleep disturbances / insomnia
- Thyroid disorders – Highly Individualized Therapy
- Weight gain / trouble losing weight
- Fat-burning injections that you can give yourself at home
- Hormone and adrenal testing and treatment
Unlike many physicians that look at only the part of the body directly involved in the problem, Joya understands how all of the bodies systems work together. Because of this thorough understanding, she is able to make recommendations that help restore a person to optimal function. It is exceedingly rare to find a healthcare provider with the intelligence, compassion, expertise and integrity of Joya. I have referred family members to her and will continue to do so.”
Initial Consultation and First Visit
I charge $385 for new patients (or if over one year since last visit), which includes up to 90 minutes at your location plus my prep for the visit beforehand.
I offer a free, one-time 15 minute phone consultation for new patients. My goal with this time is to gather some initial information about you and your goals, and for you to ask me questions about my skills and medical approach. I also find this a valuable tool to determine if my services and expertise are aligned with the health concerns you have. No diagnosis or medical advice may be given during this visit. Contact me today to schedule your free initial consultation.
Pricing: Per-Visit Basis
Following is pricing information for individual visits.
- Up to 90 minutes
- Includes my prep beforehand reviewing your information
$225 and up
- 45 minute visit: $225
- 60 minute visit: $250
- For existing patients (<1 year since last visit)
COMPREHENSIVE FOLLOW UP
$300 and up
- 75 minute visit: $300
- 90 minute visit: $350
- For existing patients (<1 year since last visit)
$75 for a blood draw appointment. $35-50 for blood draw as part of another scheduled appointment.
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Aging doesn’t have to mean having bothersome symptoms! Sound familiar? Fatigue, weight gain, insomnia, irritable bowels, dry skin and hair loss, lower libido, moody, depressed, memory loss, or poor concentration are common as you age, but they don’t have to be. Many times, the root cause of these symptoms can be hormonal imbalance! This can happen as you age, but also as a result of environmental or dietary toxins. But, you don’t have to live this way!
- Produced naturally in various glands throughout our body
- Most commonly include estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone, and DHEA
- Hormones regulate many of our body functions so when you produce too little or too much of these hormones, you can experience symptoms like those listed above
- Bioidentical hormones are derived from plants and are chemically identical to those made in our bodies. BHRT is prescribed specifically for your body based on your testing and your symptoms
- Treatment typically includes a taylored combination of creams, pills, and/or troches/lozenges, again, depending on your specific needs. Some people need this therapy indefinitely, and some people need it for a shorter time
- Testing: for women, I typically use urine testing (which measures not only hormones, but also hormone metabolites, enabling me to better assess your risk [for cancer, for example] in terms of how you metabolize your hormones). For men, I typically measure hormones in the blood
- Ongoing evaluations – I require a minimum of 1-2 visits per year while I’m managing BHRT, including at least one hormone test per year
- I only use quality compounding pharmacies
- Highest quality supplements
- Exercise, Nutrition, and Stress Management recommendations
For my typical female patient, they pay around $200-250 for a 3 month supply of their topical/oral hormones (including estrogen, plus testosterone and DHEA if needed) and progesterone. For my male patients, it’s usually less, around $90-100 for a 3 month supply of testosterone cream.
Bioidentical hormone therapy has a few potential side effects (usually linked to dosage), which may include increased acne or irritability for men and women. Some women may experience breast tenderness or spotting. It’s really important to communicate with me if you’re experiencing any side effects so that I can adjust your dose – after all, the goal is to get you feeling better, not worse!
Typically patients are happier with the bioidentical hormones for a number of reasons:
- Ability to fine-tune the dose to the individual’s needs
- With traditional synthetic prescription hormones, there are only certain dose strengths that can be prescribed
- They feel safer taking them since they are identical in structure to their own, natural hormones
- Since they are identical to our own hormones, our body has the ability to process and detoxify them properly
“Physiological data and clinical outcomes demonstrate that bioidentical hormones are associated with lower risks, including the risk of breast cancer and cardiovascular disease, and are more efficacious than their synthetic and animal-derived counterparts,” according to this report.
MLS Laser Therapy
Call 630-828-6944 or email me to set up your initial consult to learn more about this life-changing treatment. While laser therapy is not yet covered by traditional insurance, it is affordable to most patients: $85 for initial evaluation for laser treatment, then $150 per treatment (1 area) sold in packages of 6 and 12 sessions. Add a second area to the treatment for $50 per session, sold in packages of 6 and 12. Additionally, patients may use their FSA and HSA funds to pay for the laser therapy. Click here for more information.
IV Nutrition, Detox, and Chelation Therapy
Whether it’s mold, heavy metals, or other toxins, IV chelation or detoxification using glutathione and other nutrients can be a powerful way to detoxify your body and help relieve a variety of symptoms. Chelation therapy has actually been shown to improve cardiovascular health, and is often used in conjunction with other biomedical therapies for individuals with autism.
IV nutrition therapy can improve mental clarity, focus, energy, performance, immunity, and more. Contact me for more information. Need hydration but want to skip the trip to the Emergency Room? I can come to you and offer the most comfortable in-home IV experience.
Myers Cocktail + glutathione or EDTA (heavy metal chelation) + Glutathione are $250 per infusion. Specialty, individualized combinations can be quoted based on ingredients necessary for each patient as well.
Functional Medicine Testing
Trigger Point Injections
Trigger point injection is a procedure used to treat painful areas of muscle that contain trigger points (they feel like knots in the muscle) that form when muscles do not relax. Generally I use a numbing medication to numb the pain while the effects of the injection continue work after the appointment. Pricing starts at $150 per session for up to 10 injection sites.
Outside Medical Record or Laboratory Review
Outside Medical Record or Laboratory Review: $250 per hour, billed in 15-minute increments.
While I do not bill or communicate with insurance companies, I do offer superbills to all patients (excluding Medicare and Medicaid), allowing them to easily and independently submit the claim to their insurance company. Generally patients get a portion of the cost of the visit reimbursed to them after the visit.
Labs and imaging (CT scans, x-rays, MRIs, Ultrasounds, bone scans, mammograms, etc) are covered by your insurance in the same way and to the same extent as they are covered by any in-network provider who bills insurance.