Go with us on a culinary adventure that fuses tender rice noodles, crisp veggies, and a zesty Peanut Sauce. Even better, this noodle salad incorporates a large variety of phytonutrients for high nutritional value. You’ll enjoy a symphony of flavors and textures in this recipe that’s as enjoyable to make as it is to savor. Gather the ingredients, follow our easy steps, and embark on a culinary journey that will leave you craving more.
Recipe for rice noodle salad
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Red Boat fish sauce
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
For the Salad:
- 1 pound organic rice noodles
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 red Fresno pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and julienned
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly on a bias
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- peanuts, crushed or garnish
- consider adding:
- jicama (julienned)
- red cabbage (sliced)
- cherry tomatoes
- Prepare the sauce. Play the ingredients in a food processor and purée. Transferred to a refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a large stockpot, bring water to a boil and add the noodles. Cock, while staring, for 3 minutes, or until the noodles are tender. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Play the noodles and the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl. Start to combine, add the peanut sauce, and toss to coat. Garnish with the crushed peanuts and serve.
Nutritional Value / Phytonutrients
To learn more about phytonutrient spectrum foods and why it’s important to eat a variety of colors in your diet, you can download our guide (PDF):