What is MLS Laser Therapy?
MLS (Multiwave Locked System) Laser therapy uses a two integrated laser wavelengths to accelerate the body’s natural healing processes, and also inhibit pain communication with the brain (heals while it gets rid of pain – how ideal!). The laser beam is moved painlessly over the area so that the light energy penetrates more than 2 inches deep into the tissue to get rid of pain, increase blood flow, and heal any damaged tissue. The MLS laser is different than any laser on the market – it has the benefit being a very powerful class IV (4) medical laser, without the risk of tissue burning that other class IV lasers carry. In studies, there were literally NO bad side effects of MLS laser therapy!
I could not be more proud to offer MLS laser therapy to my patients, and treat pain without medications, all while healing tissue – nerves, skin, muscle, ligaments, tendons – and decreasing inflammation. This FDA-cleared state-of-the-art Italian MLS laser can treat and heal the underlying causes of so many problems, making it the perfect choice to offer with a general functional medicine approach, which aims to identify and treat root causes of pain and disease. It has analgesic (pain relieving), immune modulating, anti-inflammatory, anti-edema/swelling properties. It can even heal fractures much faster by stimulating faster bone rebuilding.
Have a bulging disc? Back pain? Sciatica? Been told you need surgery? Have painful arthritis? Have an ulcer that just won’t heal? What about stubborn plantar fasciitis? Just had surgery and want to relieve pain and speed healing of your incision(s)? The MLS Laser treats all of that and much more.
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Achilles tendonitis
- Back, knee, joint and shoulder pain
- Crohn’s Disease pain
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- Disc disease
- Muscle tears
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Nerve pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-surgical swelling
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Rib pain (costochondritis)
- Rotator cuff injuries or tendonitis
- Shingles neuropathy pain
- Sports injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- TMJ (temperomandibular joint) pain
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Wounds and ulcers
Insurance Coverage and Cost
Call 630-828-6944 or email me to set up your initial consult to learn more about this life-changing treatment. While laser therapy is not yet covered by traditional insurance, it is affordable to most patients: $90 for initial evaluation for laser treatment, then $175 per treatment (1 area). Add a second area to the treatment for $50 per session. Most patients see better results through multiple sessions. Save 10% or more by purchasing a multi-session package!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What are some common indications for MLS laser therapy?
A: The most common MLS Laser Therapy indications are intervertebral disc disease, degenerative joint disease, arthritic conditions, muscular/skeletal system trauma, wounds/ulcers, and inflammatory conditions.
Q: How soon do patients see or feel results?
A: Results are very often felt after the first treatment. Most conditions have protocols that range from 6-10 treatments. The treatments are cumulative and should be delivered 2-3 times per week for 2-3 weeks.
Q: How does it work?
A: Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates inter-cellular activity. This speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete. There is often no need for follow up laser treatments.
Q: What can I expect during a treatment?
A: MLS Laser Therapy is a painless treatment that lasts an average of 8 minutes per treatement area. You may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application. The laser light must have direct access to the area being treated (clothes may not be between laser beam and treatment area).
Q: What can I expect after a treatment?
A: Most people experience positive results in 1 to 3 treatments, with the average course of treatment being 6 to 12 sessions. Swelling is greatly reduced and there is a rapid relief of many symptoms. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one phase of treatments, while chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatments (once per month, for example, after the initial treatment program). The effects of MLS Laser Therapy are cumulative; therefore, expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatment plan. It is critical that once you start, you complete the course of treatments recommended by your provider, or symptoms are likely to reoccur.
Q: Is MLS laser therapy FDA approved?
A: Yes, the FDA has approved the use of MLS Laser Therapy and it is also patented via the U.S. Patent Office.
Q: What is the advantage of MLS laser thearpy over traditional low level laser therapy (LLLT)?
A: MLS Laser Therapy is able to induce strong anti-inflammatory, anti-edema, and analgesic effects simultaneously and within a short period of time. LLLT cannot achieve these results because of the limitations of using one or two wavelengths that are not synchronized. The patented control system that generates the MLS pulse synchronizes the emissions to achieve results previously unattainable. Thanks to this characteristic synchronization, the various therapeutic effects not only take place at the same time but reciprocally reinforce each other.
Q: How was MLS laser therapy developed and tested?
A: MLS Laser Therapy has been developed and tested following a strict course of biomedical and clinical research. The effectiveness of the combination of the emissions making up the MLS pulse was initially tested in vitro on cellular cultures, then in vivo on animals, and finally by means of controlled clinical trials run by major state-of-the-art health organizations for treating traumatic and degenerative diseases.
Q: What are some of the benefits of MLS Laser Therapy?
A: Rapid relief of many symptoms without the chronic use of prescription medications; Strong anti-inflammatory effect; Non-surgical treatment; No negative side effects; Timely healing of sprains & strains; Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region; Rapid resolution of swollen areas; Immediate improvement of local blood circulation; Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds and ulcers.
Q: Where can I find out more?
A: There are many options; CELasers.com is a wonderful resource. You may also contat Joya for a free phone consult or email Joya@NourishHouseCalls.com. If you are going to search Google or YouTube, make sure you are looking specifically at information pertaining to MLS laser therapy, as there are many different lasers on the market, focused on different effects and benefits.
Biological Effects of Laser Therapy
- Analgesic (pain relieving) effect
- Blocks pain stimulus conduction, increases endorphin synthesis, modulates pain threshold.
- MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Accelerated tissue repair and cell growth
- Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
- Improved vascular (blood vessel) activity
- Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increases the diameter of blood vessels
- Increased metabolic activity
- MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation and scar tissue formation.
- MLS Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
- Improved nerve function (in various neuropathies and radiculopathies)
- Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing
- Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes (immune cells). Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosinetriphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
- Drastically faster wound healing
- Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds, ulcers, and burns.
Grateful to have found Joya. Her compassion, knowledge of functional medicine, and dedication to finding the best individualized treatments for her patients truly sets her aside from other practitioners.”
– Dr. Melissa Alfano, DC